1. Those who have not received a 1st or 2nd place in a national, or an acceptance in an international AV competition, may enter the Novice section. Any acceptances awarded in this section will not go toward Honours points. If an acceptance is awarded, this is an acknowledgement of encouragement to the Novice.
2. Any AV previously accepted in this National, cannot be entered again.
3. All entries will be judged on their artistic merit, regardless of the method used to produce them. The summary on the accompanying Fiche is only for the convenience of the judges and organisers, and will not be taken into account by the judges in their assessment.
4. This is an Open competition. No restrictions on subject matter or format. Author’s name, if used, should be at the end of the sequence.
5. All entries are required to give appropriate credit, on the sequence and on the fiche, to the work of other artists used in the AV i.e. music, poetry etc.
6. Each entry must be a standalone digital production – Exe (PC), MP4 or .mov, without the need for the software that produced it and must not have a ‘run’ box.
7. Entries will not be returned and will be deleted from computers after the exhibition.
8. Copyright – in accordance with copyright law, all AV sequences must be free of all rights of ownership, whether artistic or otherwise, which may be held by others. By taking part in the competition, authors indemnify the organisers against all and any actions that may be taken against them by owners of copyrights. The organisers of the competition will accept no responsibility in the event of dispute or litigation. Judges’ decisions are final and neither organisers nor anyone else may alter the decisions in any way.
9. Submission of a sequence implies permission for it to be shown in public, or an image used in an approved APS magazine; acceptance of these rules and of all jury decisions.
10. Entry is open to all photographers resident in the Commonwealth of Australia or its Territories and also from financial APS members resident overseas. All overseas authors/co-authors must be financial members of APS.
11. Entry fee is $10.00 per sequence with a maximum of 4 sequences with a maximum running time of 12 mins per sequence.
ENTRIES MUST BE UPLOADED TO: We Transfer Send to firstname.lastname@example.org PREFERRED & ONLY METHOD (NO CD’S)